Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Greater Roadrunner


Luckily I had my camera pointed out the patio door when this Greater Roadrunner jumped into our backyard and started to make trrt, trrt, trrt sounds. They make that sound with their bill.  The trrts called me away from my picture editing to see what was going on. 

I walked over to my camera and started to shoot. The roadrunner immediately reacted to the shutter clicks.   






He snapped into an erect stance and when he couldn’t take the shutter clicking noise anymore, he bolted. 




I got two-dozen rather similar pictures before he left. I quickly ran to show the pictures to my wife, Linda, who was freshly out of the shower.  I was looking for the appropriate wifely ooh’s and aaah’s.  After I got all the congratulations I could expect from a wet woman for a bird picture, I went about editing the best three to send to you. 

Allan
April 15, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment